Apple is the name behind huge technological advancements in different fields including education. Over the years, the company has created and introduced technologies that transform study and education at different levels. Apple innovations improve learning, support teachers in their work and make education more interactive for students.
Technologies that positively affect student education
Technological advancements have brought huge changes in education. Students today can find endless resources to use in their online materials. They can learn many academic resources without having to browse libraries and expand their knowledge without restrictions or limits. One of the best things about technology is the ability to buy from companies when they have a tight schedule. For students who want their work to be carried out with respect for confidentiality and with a guarantee of high quality, Research Analyst is a reliable online service. This is only a small part of all that technology has offered to students. It touched them in many different ways. Students no longer struggle to find information for their studies and their learning is much more immersive thanks to games and educational programs that help them in their processes.
In this article, you’ll learn about Apple’s best innovations and how they can revolutionize online education.
Apple’s innovations over the years
As one of the world’s leading technology companies, Apple knows how closely technology is tied to those who create and use it. This is why, over the years, Apple has attempted to introduce transformative, more personalized solutions learning programs. Here are some of the things the education system benefits from Apple:
- Device Enrollment Program or DEP. With this program, schools can deploy new hardware without costly IT expenses in a simple, streamlined process. This makes it easier for the student and the teacher to familiarize themselves with new technologies in the classroom.
- Guided Access Technology. Apple’s Guided Access technology allows teachers to focus their students’ iPads on selected learning apps and websites. This way, teachers can guide their students through activities that complement their learning.
- Volume Purchase Program or VPP. This program offers IT organizations a simple way to deliver the right learning application to the right person at the right time. It provides a more personalized learning experience and also saves school districts a large amount of money that they can allocate differently.
- iBooks. Apple’s iBooks program provides interactive and innovative digital learning materials in the form of PDFs and books, but with the added ability to integrate surveys, videos, presentations and other learning tools.
- iBeacons. This technology from Apple allows printers, content, AirPlay mirroring and other technologies to be automatically deployed to the student’s iPad when they enter the classroom. They can also be used to apply specific settings to the student’s iPad and automate attendance. Many teachers use them today to facilitate standard tests.
Apple’s future inventions in the field of education
The iPad has proven to be an invaluable tool in the publishing industry, and many educational institutions are already investing in this device to complement their teaching methods. Companies like Kno are already working on introducing tablet computing to universities and schools. This is done to eliminate the need to carry heavy books, not to mention expensive textbooks. The electronic version of textbooks has many advantages, including affordability, as well as the perseverance of nature.
But what will Apple do in the near future?
Apple tends to be tight-lipped about what future innovations it’s working on, but clues are everywhere. There are rumors that Apple will “digitally destroy” the textbook publishing paradigm and allow authors to create iPad e-textbooks for students. Motivated by this, Chegg, a popular company with a new book rental system, released the first software as a set of electronic textbooks.
This game allows students to access their electronic textbooks on iPad and PC, making it a great innovation driven by Apple.
Not too long ago, Apple put Roger Rosner, its iWork man, in charge of their educational innovations. We can expect something new and big to happen, perhaps related to digital textbooks. According to the wall street journalthe “service should be a means for a wide range of schools, publishers and others to develop learning materials in digital format.
A lot has happened in the world of education thanks to Apple so far. We can only expect things to progress over time. If we are to base our predictions on what has come to market so far, Apple will certainly continue to transform the world of online education in the future.
Percy J. Bunnell is an app developer with exceptional writing skills. Over the course of his career, Percy has worked on hundreds of applications, but his main role in the business is to educate others on the process. As a result, you can read Percy’s guides and educational publications all over the web.