By Staff Reporter
CBZ Bank has revamped its “CBZ TOUCH” mobile banking app to provide an all-inclusive virtual banking experience with enhanced security, encompassing all of its digital banking services under one roof, for its customers.
Along with the announcement of new mobile app features comes the launch of CBZ Pay, a new product that allows customers to initiate and process transactions using their mobile phone.
The CBZ Touch app, now with a sleek and modern design, provides a more seamless and streamlined experience for its customers, making it even easier to navigate all of its robust mobile banking features with enhancements such as:
- Upgraded security login, which now requires a 6-digit M-Pin, instead of the 4-digit M-Pin.
- The biometric function, which is an additional authentication function, allows the use of facial identification and fingerprints to log in.
- Customers will save time by not having to go to the Bank for cancellations with the new IMT Tax Exemption feature, which allows them to choose either IMT exemption for those who are in the exempt band.
When these changes go into effect, customers will be prompted to update or upgrade the current application upon first user login.
Additionally, the CBZ Touch app now also includes SmartKey, a fascinating and endearing feature, which allows users to transact while using social media platforms. The CBZ smart key will be available on Google Play and Apple App Stores. The CBZ SmartKey is a digital keyboard which, once installed and activated, will be integrated into its mobile device.
On social networks, a user can log into CBZ Touch and perform various transactions, including:
- personal airtime recharge,
- transmit airtime to another mobile,
- transfer money to another CBZ bank account, or
- transfer money to a Smartcash account.
In an effort to maintain its competitive advantage over other social banking initiatives, CBZ Smartkey is zero-rated, nor does it limit customers to any specific social networking site, such as WhatsApp or Facebook. The new look of the mobile app reflects the Bank’s focus on providing timely, relevant and accessible solutions to customers, however they choose to bank.
To access the CBZ Smartkey, follow these instructions:
- Download the Access Keyboard Settings app from Play Store or Google Store and set the default keyboard to “CBZ Smart Key” and also enable “allow full access” in the “settings category” of your mobile device. (Remember that you can switch keyboards at any time while using the app).
- The app will be active on the device by tapping on the keypad globe and all the different keypads will appear and you can choose the CBZ smart key.
As part of CBZ Bank’s ongoing innovations, the bank has also launched CBZPay, or Visa on Mobile, as part of an overall evolution of the bank’s digital banking experience. Instead of swiping conventional cards, CBZPay allows customers to pay by simply scanning QR codes. Transactions made through CBZPay are just as secure as card transactions because the mobile phone does not change hands and the customer remains in control throughout the transaction.
To access CBZPay, customers must link their bank accounts to Visa via the CBZ Touch mobile app or via USSD (*230#) to take advantage of this exciting payment platform. CBZPay is now accepted at most popular outlets including OK, Bon Marché, Chicken-Inn, Bakers Inn, Pizza Inn, Nando’s, Creamy Inn and Steers among select retailers.
The Bank continues to work on a number of exciting digital innovations that will soon be introduced to the market.