Choosing a laptop has always been a difficult task. And choosing a computer for games is an even more complicated procedure. This is due to many factors such as:
- Online games that the user will play.
- Financial possibilities of the player.
- The eternal question – “PC or laptop?”
- What is the difference between an out-of-the-box PC build and a DIY build? What could be better and more profitable?
- What indicators to look for when choosing a computer?
- Which processor to choose? Intel versus AMD?
And these are just some of the factors that will be needed when making the decision. We have prepared an article especially for those who want to choose a high-quality gaming PC without delving into the subject and the working mechanisms and the synergy of the components between them. We will discuss the main aspects of the choice and the characteristics that require special attention.
Which processor to choose? Intel or AMD?
There are two main competitors in the component market, Intel and AMD. Most personal computers and laptops work with such central processors. What is the best?
The difference lies in the working principles. But, to avoid getting into complex technical terms and concepts, their architecture, and their performance, we can say that all manufacturers are good in their own way.
- AMD. Often used for online games as a cheaper option for a competitor.
- Intel. Single solution for most users. The price will be $50 to $200 more than AMD, depending on the generation of the processor.
There are three types of readers:
- Hard disk it’s the old generation of discs, slower than analogs and very bulky.
- SSD are now relevant. However, they represent the latest generation of small, fast and quiet discs.
- SSD M2 NV Me is the latest generation with the highest read/write speed. We advise you to give preference to them.
There are two types of video cards. Many users ignore this indicator and ask, “Why can’t my favorite games start? Not everything works”.
- Integrated graphics. It is an integrated graphics core. It is located in the processor. It provides the essential features and functionality of a computer, but is not sufficient for online entertainment.
- Discrete video card. Before choosing a computer, it is important to pay attention to a discrete video card. If players want to play free bets with https://gamblizard.com/free-bets/free-bets-no-deposit/ no deposit games, then they should ensure in advance that their computer complies with all the settings. A discrete graphics card is a separate component responsible for visual part, special effects processing and beautiful graphics in online games including animations. Due to the rarity, it is not so easy to find a new card, but players can try. Online projects do not need a full version with the RTX option. A model with 4-6 gigabytes of memory will suffice for all gamers.
The video card also has a manufacturer. To ensure the best synergy between the graphics card and the processor, try to find a PC with the following processor-graphics card combination:
- AMD processor – Radeon graphics card;
- Intel processor – Nvidia graphics card
Why is this obligation for manufacturers important? It all depends on how these components work. They always work in pairs: the processor takes care of the computational processes and attaches the architecture and geometry of the game objects, and the video card overlays the textures, shadows and graphical components.
Laptop and its important features
All the major brands (Asus, Acer, Lenovo, etc.) offer interesting ranges of gaming devices. The selection algorithm is approximately the same as the PC version selection. The components inside are all the same and the manufacturer of the ingredients is the same. But there are a few subtleties that can help you in the choice:
- Cooling system. The laptop is smaller, which means it will heat up more. Pay attention to its operating temperatures, the operation of the fans and the location of the hot air ducts. There are models where hot air blows directly into the monitor, which negatively affects its service life. Choose ones where the air ducts are on the back of the case.
- Availability of free slots for upgrades. It applies to RAM and hard disk. Some manufacturers simply do not offer the possibility of improving the starting equipment. Choose those where there is an option to replace the hard drive.
- RAM soldered. It’s not very good. You cannot increase its volume. The RAM module is soldered to the motherboard, which makes it difficult to replace in the event of failure. Yes, and it will be impossible to increase the volume. Try to avoid such patterns.
Choosing a PC for gaming is a responsible business. When buying a computer for online gaming, everyone wants to maintain its lifespan and system relevance for longer. You don’t want to buy a new PC or laptop every year. Be careful, do not rush in the choice, and compare all the indicators and characteristics. Then you will be able to find the perfect PC for you.
Author Biography Leslie Alexand
Leslie Alexand is Content Manager at Gamblizard. She is always looking for new strategies and moves to improve her poker and roulette game. Leslie actively shares her experience with new and experienced players in online meetings. She writes extensively about casinos on various websites.