know how to lower PS5 ping can help with lag issues in online multiplayer games like Call of Duty: Warzone, Fortnite, and other online games. A high ping usually means an inconsistent and unstable connection to the server, which often results in lagging players and jittery gameplay. It’s no fun for anyone. Fortunately, there are workarounds to help fix the problem. Here’s how to reduce ping on PS5.
How to Lower Ping on PS5
To reduce ping on PS5, users should:
- Use a cable to connect the PS5 to the router.
- While wireless connectivity is convenient, it often introduces more latency. For ever lower ping, wired is the way to go.
- Make sure other devices are not sucking up bandwidth on the same network.
- Check other users’ devices and your own devices to make sure nothing is uploading or downloading, whether intentionally or unintentionally.
- Restart your console.
- Sometimes the old “turn it off and turn it back on” trick can solve this problem.
- Restart your router.
- Restarting the router is an almost monthly ritual for me, so give it a try and see if it fixes the high ping issues.
- We recommend that you notify anyone connected to the network that the Internet will be down.
- Check the status of PlayStation services.
- Look to see if all PlayStation services are up and running here.
- Check with your internet service provider.
- A high ping may be due to maintenance performed by your ISP. It may be worth contacting them to see what is going on.
By following the steps above, players should hopefully resolve any high ping issues they are experiencing on PS5. If the issues persist, contacting PlayStation Support is the best next step.
Looking for more useful PlayStation guides? Here’s how to check PS5 hours played, as well as how to speed up PS5 copying and how to fix PS5 controller drift.