Position: High School English, Math, Science and History Teacher – Shandong, China; Hainan, China
This is a full-time teaching position (40 hours/week) in a new Chinese private secondary school. The specialist teachers needed include English language and mathematics. Typical responsibilities of secondary school teachers include:
Complete a minimum of 29 hours of instruction and 11 hours of office work per week. Weekend and night shifts may be required from time to time by prior arrangement. These hours will be supplemented by a deduction of teaching and office hours. Provide out-of-the-box, turnkey content for classroom delivery Participate in professional development Participation in secondary school staff activities; Mentor/Lead clubs and/or school activities Participate in occasional school administration activities Collaborate with local Chinese teaching staff and administrators Adhere to all teacher codes and regulations of conduct as prescribed by the Chinese Ministry of Education local education.
Location: Linyi, Shandong and Haikou, Hainan
There are two potential locations for new recruits. Linyi Yilin High School in the city of Linyi in Shandong Province is located 1h30 from Beijing and Shanghai by plane. Yingya High School in Haikou, Hainan Province is located about 4 hours from Beijing and about 4 hours from Shanghai by plane.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a subject intended to teach, such as:
- Secondary education – Mathematics, English
- English as a second language, TESOL
- TEFL/TESOL certification with 2+ teaching experience (optional and preferably at high school level)
- US State Teaching License (preferably for English;
obligatory for math, science, history)
- At least 2 years of professional classroom education
- Knowledge of the American secondary education system
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience working with teenagers
- Foreign living experience preferred, especially in China
- US, UK, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African or Australian citizenship and passport (required)
- Native/bilingual English skills (required)
Linyi Yilin and Yingyi High School is an innovative enterprise that challenges the traditional Eastern education that high school students usually receive. Creating a unique educational environment, Linyi Yilin and Yingyi High School provide Chinese high school students with extracurricular content in English and Chinese. The intended audience is Chinese students intending to study abroad in the United States.
Using the high school programs developed by Digital Prep at Arizona State University, the University’s public high school, teachers teach students content designed to prepare them to study in the United States. With no need to create their content, teachers need to know the content well to better instruct their students.
Duration: 2-year commitment with renewable options for up to 4 years.
Start date: Mid-February 2022, candidates must be in the country before the start of the semester (est. January at the latest).
Salary: Up to USD 45,000 per year, with possibility of increase after performance review. Housing: free residence in a school dormitory; self-funded off-campus accommodation available Airfare: return ticket from home country upon commencement of employment and end of employment contract Chinese health insurance Working visa Summer and winter holidays paid under subject to local regulations
- 3 professional references
- A health check and an FBI background check will be required for the visa