Green Camp AZ (November 23, 2021) – Starting Wednesday, December 8 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Lynn Sweitzer will present in person or virtually a series of five hands-on lessons on how to bank successfully and safely online. security. The class, which is part of the Community Connect: Digital Access at Home project, will meet weekly until January 5 on Wednesday in the Key Lime room of the Camp Verde Community Library or concurrently via Zoom.
Ready, Set, Bank is an online and in-person blended learning program designed to help seniors learn about online and mobile banking. Technology is rapidly changing the financial industry and more and more consumer banking services are moving online. Customers no longer need to visit their local branches or ATMs for every banking need. Advances in online and mobile banking have made managing our finances more convenient than ever.
The course content and approach has been developed through a partnership between Capital One and OATS (Older Adults Technology Services). Participants will learn about the benefits of online banking, safety and security, how to get started, how to track their money, how to manage their account online. Interested? Attend the library in person or connect via the Zoom link displayed on the Facebook page or the library website.
- December 8 – Benefits of Online Banking introduces learners to today’s online banking, from the evolution of banking to digital technologies that now make everyday finance more convenient. We include three case studies to help learners understand how online banking applies to our daily lives. Meeting number: 842 2078 0971
- December 15 – Safety and Security of Online Banking addresses learner concerns about the safety and privacy of online banking. The videos focus on the steps banks are taking internally, online and in partnership with customers to protect their money, data, and reputation as trusted providers. Meeting number: 854 0719 5486
- December 22 – Getting Started with Online Banking teaches learners how to get started with online banking on their own. It includes tutorials that walk them through the getting started process both online and on a mobile device. Learners see login screens and step-by-step guides to register. Specific guides are available for creating usernames and passwords and answering security questions. Meeting number: 819 5673 4404
- December 29 – Stay on Top of Your Money covers best practices for monitoring and accessing your online banking account. Learners receive best practices for using alerts to track financial activity, as well as further tips on how to stay informed and up to date on money entering and leaving their accounts. Meeting number: 896 4327 8436
- January 5 – Manage Your Account Online introduces learners to the most popular options for managing money online. The module aims to prepare learners to manage their daily, monthly and one-off needs using online banking, with how-to videos that cover depositing checks, transferring funds online, setting up bill payment. online and using the bank’s message center. Meeting number: 824 8458 2021
Community Connect: Digital Access at Home is made possible by Capital One and the American Library Association. The Camp Verde Community Library is located just off the highway from Montezuma Castle at 130 Black Bridge Road, Camp Verde AZ. For more information about this program, visit the library’s website at campverde.az.gov/cvcl or call 554-8385.