There is a complete lockdown across the country due to the Coronavirus. The children cannot go to school. But in this difficult time, online education is increasing remarkably. Digital lessons are organized for young children in schools, colleges and universities. Students benefit greatly.
Let us tell you how online education is growing rapidly in this era of coronavirus crisis and lockdown, what are its advantages and challenges?
online education is ideal for developing self-care in children:
Education expert and director of the Alcon group of schools, Ashok Pandey, said parents should connect children to online education so they can get out of the negative atmosphere of coronavirus. In addition, this is a good time to develop self-care in children. This is an opportunity for children to develop qualities such as self-confidence, fitness and courage. Ashok Pandey himself has hosted many webinars to educate children about coronavirus and gives fitness classes.
Here is how the online course for school children works:
Vinod Khare, a computer teacher at St. Thomas School in Kanpur, said, “We just implemented Google Classroom to teach our students.” First, we create a class in it and pass its code to the corresponding children of that class. The lecture is given in the digital classroom. Then, homework is given according to the same course. Zoom cloud meeting is also used.
However, it faces issues such as internet speed and network. According to Vinod Khare, school teaching has suddenly gone online due to the corona lockdown, which is causing problems for many teachers. The teacher uses one to one and a half GB of data to make a 10-minute video and there is a sound problem in his video. But after confinement, if the teacher has little training in digital education, then teaching online will become easier for the school teacher.
Which subject is easy to teach and which is difficult in online teaching?
Vinod Khare explains that it is easy to teach theoretical subjects in digital education, such as English, Hindi, History, Geography, Economics. But the subject that has more to explain, there is a problem with it, like math, science. In these more practical subjects, it is easier to write on the board.
Online education is better for which standard?
According to Vinod Khare, digital education is good for pre-primary students, but it is necessary to have interaction between students and teachers in a class above. At the same time, digital education is very good for those preparing for the diploma and the competition, because these students have a good command of their subject.
Is online education a Greek inspiration?
According to Yashasvi Kumar, CEO of news app KNAPPILY, in Greece, during this period of confinement, educational material is being made available on phones and national television. From there, we can also learn how education can be made available to every child in the country and children in the village through a digital platform. For this, educational content on television and radio should be provided as much as possible. Content of IGNOU and UGC should be promoted. They have great digital education content.
Online-digital education will also have to come to the village:
– Yashaswi Kumar suggests that government teachers should also be motivated for online teaching.
– Government teachers should also be trained in digital education.
-3 hours of training are enough for teachers.
– This should be for teachers from university to school level. Children should also be trained in digital education.
– We must prepare ourselves so that the children of the village can access education online or via television.
Due to Corona, the government should also experiment with locking down how free educational content can be reached in the villages.
– If three hours of content will be provided to children, confinement can become very beneficial for children.
Care should be taken when choosing an online course:
-The program must be supported whether it is completed or not.
– The course must be chosen according to the subjects.
– After searching correctly, a course should be selected.
School students should pay attention to these things:
1. Security Crisis – Security is always a threat in online work as many online hackers know that students and teachers are online in this Corona time. This danger concerns more schoolchildren. The level of online security is not high on most school websites.
2. Privacy – Online education generates lots of student data uploaded online, for example, name, email, grade and test result. In such a situation, confidentiality must be respected.
3. Isolation – Online education is okay in these difficult times, but it also carries the risk of isolation.
4. I don’t know about courses – people understand courses and online education less well. In such a situation, the identification of good prices and bad prices is less.
5. Children at risk of physical discomfort – Children are less used to reading from the laptop or tab. Therefore, they may also have problems like back pain. According to a Princeton University study, digital education without regular computer setup also puts children at risk for multiple injuries.
In addition, it is very important to engage in sports activities, exercise and have a nutritious diet. Children are currently studying online, so their physical activity has decreased, so give them plenty of room to play indoors. Their diet should also be very nutritious.